Beyond the Finish Line
You’ve achieved your goal, and now have the beautiful, healthy smile that you deserve.
Thank you for choosing us to share in this exciting time in your life. However, your job isn’t quite over.
Keep Your Smile Looking Its Best
To maintain your excellent result, you need to follow your retainer instructions.
A retainer is a commitment, but it’s easy.
Follow these simple instructions to maintain your confident smile.
- Wear your retainers full time unless we tell you otherwise. You can remove them to eat and brush your teeth. Also, remove them to swim or play contact sports.
- Make sure you bring your retainer to your follow up appointments. We need to see you with your retainer to make sure it fits correctly.
- Keep your retainer case with you. Keep your retainers safe when you remove them by always placing them in your case. Replacements are expensive.
- If you notice that your retainer doesn’t fit properly or is cracked or broken, call us to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
- Clean your retainers thoroughly once a day with a toothbrush, toothpaste, and warm but not hot water. Brushing retainers removes plaque and eliminates odors.
- You may have a little trouble speaking while wearing your retainer at first. It just takes a little practice. Try talking, reading or singing out loud with your retainer in to get used to them quickly.
- If you break or lose your retainer, call us right away. If you aren’t wearing retainers, your teeth will move quickly.
- Retainers can warp and break easily. Keep your retainers away from hot water, hot cars, your pockets, the washing machine, dryers, and napkins. Treat them with care, and they’ll last.